Friday, May 8, 2009

Relay 4 Life ~ 5.2.09 {Let our light shine.. }








Friday, We went to our first Relay 4 life as a cancer family. It is a completely different experience when you are a victim to cancer. It was the first time we were able to celebrate "life" with our son.


We had such a blast. He played with his friends. He got a survivor bag with a t-shirt. He didn't understand why he got a shirt and Carter didn't. I told him to look at all the people that had the same purple shirt on, and they too have had to have Chemo, and that they also had to shave their head so they can have healthy hair one day.
I also told him one day he will understand why we are celebrating, and to go "PLAY" and have "FUN". As he runs off, he can't see the tear running down my face.

I thank you God, that I can tell him to go run and play. (as I think about the days and months he just sat on the couch because he didn't have the energy to move)
I am so proud of all my friends and family. They have shown us what true love is and I am so thankful to have such strong support.





My grandfather, William Cameron, passed away in 1998 with cancer. He was such a great loving Godly man. He is with us everyday, I can still feel his hands hug me, and hear his voice sing.


Every time I need to know its going to be OK, I sing . .
This little light of mine,

I'm gonna let it shine,

Let it shine,

Let it shine,

Let it shine . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment